Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Count number of Tiles in Revit using Dynamo



PREPARATION:
1. Dynamo Version 1.1.1.2140
2. Clockwork (Dynamo Package)
3. LunchBox (Dynamo Package)
4. Microsoft Excel 2013

WORKFLOW:
1. Try to extract those curves from Fill pattern. You can choose either one option as stated bellow;
Option 1. Select the Model Line and then Choose Pick Lines 

Option 2. Export a 2D view to CAD format (DWG) and then Link CAD (DWG) file to Revit (my preferred option)
2. Once you have extracted those curves from Fill pattern using either one Option mentioned above. It’s time to launch Dynamo.

3. In Dynamo use the following “Select Model Elements” Node for select those curves mentioned at Step 1.
Note: The following graph only able to select Model Lines. For the Link CAD (DWG) file you have to extract those curves from Linked file. (If you don’t know how to extract those curves from Linked file you can leave comments at the comment section below / email: lingkonn@gmail.com)
4. Use “Select Model Element” Node for select floor/ wall which you want to extract Tiles quantity.
5. For the remaining steps please follow along with the Video;
Entire Graph 

You may visit for more here
Feel Free to Ask for Finished datasets :)

31 comments :

  1. Hi Bro,
    I'm trying to practice based on your code, but i can't find the node name : Intersection.GeometrySplit. Could you please send me the link to dowload this node.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please post the dynamo file pls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want ... a.mamdouh2014@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how to extract the curves from linked file

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! can you send to me .dyn file to faiq.f.b@gmail.com ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! can you send the .dyn file to midlake86@yahoo.it? I'll try to testi it on Revit 2019 too.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you please send .dyn file to disperadun87@gmail.com
    Thank's a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, is it possible to obtain the same result without having the curves as geometry in revit?

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you please send .dyn file to roseferri@gmail.com
    Thank you for the help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please share the final files
    preeteshgm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you please share the dyn file ,
    My email as below, wannaoo.sept@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nitiwath@gmail.com please thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. can you please share the dyn file, my email as below, isadorainocente@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. could you please share the dyn file? Email: fengyifaith2121@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello sir,

    Great works! Could you please share your Dynamo script? Thank you.

    My email: business_girl001@yahoo.com.hk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello sir,
    Thank you for sharing the amazing work. could you please share your Dynamo script? Thank you
    My email: potter.choi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    Would you mind sharing the Dynamo script with me too?
    Thanks,
    My email:fahmadi.arch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sir,
    Would you mind sharing the Dynamo script with me too?
    Thanks.
    My email:adam.lau@isbim.com.hk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking so amazing!! Thank you for inrouducing the fanciable process.
    BTW I just wanna get the .dyn file and know the way how i extract model lines from lincked cad.
    If you are possible, could you please provide the .dyn file and the way for me to my e-mail?
    Thank you in advance.

    here is my mail address
    : kamilee2011@naver.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. can you please send the dyn file to seshan.dhilip@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Sir, can you share the dyn file. pw.bergna@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Sir, Thank you for sharing the amazing work. could you please share your Dynamo script? Thank you. My Email : adithguswant.pp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing... WANT
    mertranquil@gmail.com
    Thanks a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I WANT! can you send me the file to izyanizzatimohdzamri@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks. please send dynamo script to kjbalamurugancivil@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks a lot? Is it possible to send me files as well?
    minja.radenkovic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank you a lot. can you send dynamo script file . akabeyss@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sir,
    Can you share the dyn file. I need the script
    Email: muthuvigneshbim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Would you mind sharing the Dynamo script with me too?
    Thanks, My email:nileswiles2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete